DELIVERING ON SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT AND QUALITY (SHEQ)
THROUGH AN EMBEDDED SHEQ STRATEGY
At United Plant we have an embedded safety culture, as we continue to ensure safety best practise both for our employees and our customers.
Furthermore, our Safety-First value places the safety of our colleagues, customers, and suppliers above all else in the delivery of our services.
As specialists in the quarry and waste industry, we understand the need for safe ways of working and keeping your assets operating safely. With a dedicated SHEQ Lead in our business, United Plant keeps abreast of the latest rules, regulations and best practice so we can share and implement this knowledge. Safety First is truly at the heart of our operation.
The company also operates under a certified Management System (QMS) in accordance with the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems.
SAFETY AS A TOP PRIORITY
- A Health & Safety Policy – communicated to all employees and other persons, working on behalf the company
- Engineer Handbooks – a comprehensive guide on our processes for managing and reducing safety risk
- Think Safe…Be Safe…No Compromise – a dedicated safety logo for our business
- Customer Audits – to ensure safe ways of working and best practice
- Safety First Vans – our vans are fitted to the highest safety specifications, including 360° live camera turn and left turn cycle warning
- Online Safety and Training Portal – this covers a wide variety of safety training including ‘toolbox talks’ to keep abreast of industry regulations and best practice
- Ongoing Industry Review – to keep awareness and safety as top priority
- Depot Audits – driving health and safety focus and best practice
- Avetta Compliance – we are an approved member of Avetta
- Safety Gain Process – shared across both our engineering and customer group for best practise and safety awareness
- Employee Job and Safety Training – ensuring our employees receive the right training and support
SUPPORTING ‘VISION ZERO’
United Plant thoroughly support and embrace MPA and British Precast Vision Zero, which aims to save lives and prevent accidents. We are committed to this vision through the collaboration and dedication to our core company value of Safety First.
Vision Zero was recently launched by the MPA and British Precast. Watch the launch here at the MPA & British Precast Health & Safety Leadership Conference 2020.